Our Xenon structural firefighter kit uses the technologically advanced GORE® PARALLON® System and provides a real revolution rather than an evolution in fire kit. We've closed the door on old existing technologies, and instead we've adopted a brand-new approach to creating multi-layered, multi-functional structural firefighting clothing. Xenon is the ultimate high performance 'free movement' fire kit. Providing the very best protection available through into the 2020s and beyond.
Why Xenon with the GORE® PARALLON® System is the structural solution:
- Maintains thermal protection even when wet allowing more time to escape and reduces the risk of burns
- Reduces the risk of heat stress and exhaustion which can impact decision making
- Helps prevent dangerously high body temperatures
- Wearers report slow heat build-up with a quick cool down
- Comparing other fabrics the GORE® PARALLON® System provides up to 65% more breathability
- Dries 20% faster than traditional alternatives
- Wearers praise Xenon for its comfort and freedom of movement with its reduced weight and bulk
- Consistent protection without compromising comfort
- Optimal fit for both male and female wearers with a variety of fabric options and colourways
- Xenon with the GORE® PARALLON® System innovation will take you into the 2020s
- We firmly believe the Xenon range is set to revolutionise the fire PPE market for many years to come.
WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT THE GORE® PARALLON® SYSTEM?
The GORE® PARALLON® System is a revolutionary solution that extends the boundaries of firefighter protection to new levels. The GORE® PARALLON® System is lightweight, breathable and waterproof and delivers very high levels of thermal protection to the wearer. Using a double membrane configuration, it reduces the risk of burn injuries and heat stress in wet and dry conditions, while wicking moisture away from the skin, creating consistent protection without compromising comfort.
The GORE® PARALLON® System has created a new benchmark for structural firefighting suits breaking the normally accepted trade-off between protection and comfort. Working with our partners W.L. Gore and Associates Ballyclare has created the technologically advanced Xenon - GORE® PARALLON® System firefighter clothing which offer outstanding levels of comfort, wearability and protection.
Xenon Firefighter Multifunction Rescue Suits
Xenon firefighter multifunction rescue suits are designed for rescue activities associated with emergency response situations such as Road Traffic Collisions (RTC's), training operations and other related rescue incidents such as working at height and firefighting in the open, principally wildland firefighting operations.
Their design was inspired by the construction of premium quality sportswear where maximum comfort and protection is provided without imposing any restriction on the wearer’s movement. We gathered a huge volume of input from firefighters in the field to feed into the Xenon design process and helped us create something that provides reliable protection and also offers outstanding levels of comfort and breathability. Our Xenon rescue jackets and trousers incorporate a lightweight, durable GORE® CROSSTECH Moisture Barrier, which provides protection from blood and body fluids, and keeps the wearer dry from the outside, while allowing sweat to pass out of the garment.
The Xenon Firefighter Layered System
Ballyclare's new layered system allows the firefighter to ‘layer up’ from a multifunction rescue jacket, as above, adding a separate structural top-layer jacket that, when the two layers are combined provide full structural firefighting protection.
Firefighting duties are ever changing and we take this into account with all the firefighter clothing we design. We wanted to be able to provide a flexible solution for fire and rescue services across the UK and with the Xenon firefighter clothing range we truly believe we have achieved that.